Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Perfect Wine

"Carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine," Ferguson added. "But I immediately told him I would only drink his wine once I see him lifting the Champions Cup."

The United boss admits his team were outclassed in the second leg of their semi-final, which Milan won 3-0.

But Ferguson believes his side were tired from their efforts in the Premiership the previous weekend, which helped United regain the title for the first time since 2003.

"Milan's second-leg victory over us was stupendous, fantastic and extraordinary," Ferguson said.

"But I know we paid a high price for the Premiership fightback which we needed at Everton to turn a 2-0 scoreline into a 4-2 victory.

"Last week, Milan were fresher and better prepared tactically and physically.

"I'm still trying to analyse the factors involved. But the truth remains we faced one of the best performances in the history of AC Milan."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/mobile/bbc_sport/football/top_stories/663/66377/story6637733b.wml?suid=1154333478-7544782_rogerspush.gprs.rogers.com

No comments: